This circular bicycle tour runs through idyllic woodland, the Paintner Forst and the Frauenforst – perfect for an undemanding trip under shady trees on hot days.
Distance 17 km
The market square in Painten is the starting point for the Peaceful Forests Tour, which leads first of all along a tarred forest road into the Paintner Forst. The hilly route sweeps round in a wide arc, taking the cyclist deeper and deeper into the shady forest. The first clearing is reached at the former forester’s house at Irlbrunn. Here, a link road offers the option of making a detour to the Frauenhäusl, a popular bar/restaurant in a picturesque setting. The route continues through the Frauenforst to the highway, which you cross. Carry on along a cycle track, passing a former glassworks, and so back to Painten.
AuthorTourismusverband im Landkreis Kelheim e.V.
Update: July 10, 2017
Rest StopNaturfreundehaus Hammertal
Tips and hintsIm Steinbruch bei Painten wurde vor einigen Jahren ein sehr gut erhaltenes Fossil eines Raubsauriers gefunden. Das 151 Millionen alte Relikt kann man in Solnhofen im paläontologischen Museum betrachten.
32U 705887 5430909
Author’s map recommendations
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view