The Three Rivers Tour takes you through the picturesque river valleys of the Ilm, Danube and Abens, through Neustadt an der Donau, Bad Gögging, Pförring and Vohburg an der Donau.
Distance 47.6 km
The circular tour starts in Bad Gögging, at the crossroads near the Tourist Information Office. The route leads out of the spa town and alongside a natural bog, where peat used to be extracted for the Limes baths at Bad Gögging. From there you continue to Neustadt an der Donau. Through the redesigned town centre the route leads out of town and on to Mauern, where on hot days you won’t want to miss a detour to the Mauern bathing lake. Then you carry on by the Goldau nature reserve to Gaden near Pförring. The route runs alongside the Ilm through Schwaig and Münchsmünster to Vohburg an der Donau. Here you can visit the ruins of Vohburg Castle and the historic town centre. On through Dünzing and Wackerstein the tour winds its way along the course of the River Danube to Pförring and then to Marching. Shortly afterwards, the Danube and the Ilm are crossed again and the Three Rivers Tour continues along the third river, the Abens, returning to Bad Gögging on a cycle path. At the little Gillamoos Chapel it’s worth making a detour to Abensberg, either to take a break on the historic market square or to explore the unique combination of art and beer at Kuchlbauer’s World of Beer.
Nach der Radtour wartet Entspannung in der Limes-Therme auf Sie - mit Moor, Thermal- und Schwefelwasser ankämpfen gegen den Muskelkater!
AuthorTourismusverband im Landkreis Kelheim e.V.
Update: July 08, 2020
32U 704195 5411409
Author’s map recommendations
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view